Explore the multifaceted contribution heritage makes to sustainable and inclusive societies to tackle societal challenges through innovation and to engage in multicultural dialogue.
The ILUCIDARE Playground creates a unique space for those unconventional encounters sparking discussion, networking, international exchanges and innovation. Empowering heritage professionals, researchers, innovators, policy makers, activists and volunteers in their innovative and collaboration practices, the event also ambitions to make a contribution to aligning international and EU actions for heritage and international cultural relations.
Join the delegates
Cultural heritage professionals, cultural institutions, architects, designers, artists, creative and cultural entrepreneurs, cultural networks, international organisations, creative hubs, makers, social innovators, NGOs, investors, businesses, technology companies, policy makers and researchers...
If you are a cultural or innovation stakeholder who wants to connect with peers, engage in stimulating discussions leading to concrete policy actions, learn about existing initiatives and supporting tools in heritage and international relations, meet investors and attend workshops with passionate professionals, then this event is for you!
What to expect
Learn from the project’s and other stakeholders’ activities, exchange experiences in heritage-led innovation and international relations, meet partners, funds, activists, entrepreneurs, artists and researchers in an entertaining environment!
ILUCIDARE events stimulate interdisciplinary interactions and networking among participants with inspirational speeches, workshops, panel discussions and speed-networking. You can choose your activities according to your interests and needs. It will be possible to arrange speed dating with international mentors, investors, potential business or creative partners.
Speakers and guests
- Lorena Aldana, Outreach officer, Europa Nostra
- Sergiu Ardelean, co-founder Artivive
- Csilla Ariese, Postdoctoral researcher, University of Amsterdam
- Andrea Bartoli, Founder and Creative Director Farm Cultural Park
- Bonnie Burnham, Founder Cultural Heritage Investment Alliance
- Cristina Clopot, Postdoctoral researcher, University of Hull’s Wilberforce Institute for the Study of Slavery and Emancipation
- Clémentine Daubeuf, Senior consultant, KEA European Affairs
- Emanuela de Menna, Project Advisor, Executive Agency for Small and Medium Enterprises, European Commission
- Amir Djalali, Professor, Architecture Department, University of Bologna
- Julia Fallon, Senior Policy Advisor, Europeana
- Giorgio Ficcarelli, Head of Culture Sector, European Commission DG International Cooperation and Development
- Valéry Freland, Executive Director, ALIPH Foundation
- Cécile Houpert, Project Officer, EUROCITIES
- Frédéric Jacquemin, Director, Africalia
- Maria Kayamanidou, Deputy Head of Unit Fair Societies and Cultural Heritage Unit, European Commission, DG Research and Innovation
- Marie-Laure Lavenir, Director General, ICOMOS
- Raffaele Lupacchini, CFO Municipality of Salerno
- Catherine Magnant, Advisor, European Commission DG Education and Culture
- Flower Manase, Curator of History, National Museum of Tanzania
- Webber Ndoro, Director-General ICCROM
- Javier Peinado, Head of Sector for natural resources, ecosystems and cultural heritage, European Commission, Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
- Heritiana Ranaivoson, Senior Researcher, Imec
- Gaia Redaelli, Director of PAX-Patios de la Axerquía
- Eduardo Rojas, Independent consultant on urban development and lecturer at the University of Pennsylvania
- Marco Rubinato, Project Adviser, European Commission, Executive Agency for Small and Medium Enterprises
- Anupama Sekhar, Director for Culture at Asia-Europe Foundation & Member of the UNESCO Expert Facility
- Kristijan Šujević, Co-founder Nova Iskra
- Simona Tondelli, Associate Professor of Urban Planning, University of Bologna
- Charlotte Trigance, Co-founder Studio Sherlock
- Koenraad Van Balen, Director, Raymond Lemaire International Centre for Conservation, KU Leuven
- Aziliz Vandesande, Postdoctoral researcher, Raymond Lemaire International Centre for Conservation, KU Leuven
- Eva Wirtz, Director Business Banking, Triodos Belgium
The ILUCIDARE Playground afternoon programme is jointly developed with the Horizon 2020 projects CLIC, ECHOES, RURITAGE and ROCK.